Thursday, August 8, 2013

Off to Chicago!

So, did a tempo run (6 miles), packed my bags and I'm on my way to Chicago!


I'm there for the International Convention of the United Food and Commercial Workers, which is the long version of saying the Union I work for. It happens every five years and this year its going on on in the Second City. 

This trip is a little scary for me. I have traveled before and managed to run but this time, I'm going to be there for 7 whole days and I'm right in the peak of my current training plan so I have to work hard to get the miles in. Also, it means that I have to do one long run over there this Sunday. 11 miles. The most I will have ever run, assuming I pull it off.

Not that there aren't places to run in Chicago! It is a beautiful city (I've been there twice before) full of trails and pathways to run in. I'm looking forward to running along the lake (which to me looks like an ocean). I would also love to photograph this city, especially at night. A hard proposition considering I can't take my tripod with me but that's life for you. We'll see how it turns out.

I'm not sure about the internet situation in the hotel I'm staying at so I cannot promise to blog while I'm there but  if it turns out that way I will be sure to give you a full report once I'm back. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. What training plan are you using? I'm sure you posted it, but I just started following you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late answer but I was... well, in Chicago! I'm doing the intermediate Half-Marathon training plan from Runner's World Big Book of Marathon and Half-Marathon training plan. I'm not actually running a half right now. I just figured I would accumulate some mileage this way while it was time to begin the actual Marathon training plan.

      Delete