Sunday, April 14, 2013

Oh My...

I've been freaking out a little this week. Allow this corny little Facebook image explain why:


Yup. I'm in. Registration opened on April 9th and after a bit of hesitation, I jumped and did it. Now there's no turning back. I'm either running this marathon or this is gonna be the most spectacular way I blow $170.00. Ever.

I mention that because as of right now, I don't know exactly how I'm gonna pull this off. Airfare, hotel, transportation... This is gonna get expensive so I hope I can go. Hey, I can always sell a kidney on the black market or something. I'm glad I did sign up though. The 10K sold out the same day registration opened and the 5K shortly after. By the time you read this, the Dopey Challenge will probably be sold out as well and the Half was 50% full. If I waited to see if I could get all the logistics together I could have missed the window altogether.

So I spent the rest of the day freaking out. For some reason I kept remembering the movie Rookie of the Year. You know that scene where they make him bat in a major league game? His mom, Gary Busey (before he went nuts apparently), and the kid are all going "Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God!" That's how I was feeling. Here we have a saying that roughly translates to "It's one thing to talk about the Devil, and another to thing to see him coming." I have been talking about this race for a while but now it's real. There is no turning back.

Despite my mixed feelings, this is all been good news. I'm excited of course but good excited. However, with the good comes the bad.  I hadn't really thought about it, but I think that by signing to the Marathon I may blown my chance to sign up the upcoming Half-Marathon I have been training for all these weeks. Both are expensive and I can't spring for both at the same time. I'm not discarding it completely though. I still have a couple of weeks so maybe I can still pull it off maybe. I sure have put in the training, which has been going pretty good. I will update on that on my next post.

The Walt Disney World Marathon is the reason I started running. It's THE goal so it obviously has priority. And as of April 9th, I am well on my way.

4 comments:

  1. I am sooooo excited for you!!! This race is amazing and PERFECT for you first full marathon! Yes it's expensive but I promise it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan to do Goofy in 2015 and that will be my first full!! I love my Disney races, and the Princess half 2011 was my first race and the reason I started running! I can't wait to follow your journey and read all about it! Just remember you got this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Summer. Who knows, maybe by 2015 I will be able to do Goofy as well. Everything is possible!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete