The premise is simple enough: The person that nominates you lets you know and asks you 10 questions which you answer on a post on your own blog. you then nominate 10 people in return and you get to ask them 10 questions of your choosing, and so forth till the end of time. Since I got hit twice I will answer 20 questions (unless they overlap) but I will nominate only 10 people. Here are the questions.
1. What are some of you hobbies? (Other than running)
I'm a big movie fan. I used to go to the movies all the time. Now, with three small kids, not so much but thank goodness for the magic of Blu-Ray and DVD I guess. I also read voraciously and I love to spend time with my family.
2. What do you do for a living?
I work for a labor union. Been doing it for 15 years now. I do all sorts of stuff from organizing new members to servicing the ones we already have to negotiating their contracts. We wear many hats.
3. When did you start blogging?
Shortly after I started running. I just felt it was a good idea to keep me accountable. Never thought so many others would actually read it!
4. What are some of your favorite ways to stay fit (again, other than running)?
Well, I just started training for a triathlon so I've been doing some swimming and cycling as of late. The swimming has been difficult (gotta have the right technique) but I can definitely see myself cycling regularly in the long term.
5. What would you say is your greatest accomplishment?
In keeping with the theme of the blog (because mentioning your kids is just too easy) I would have to say running the WDW Marathon. It's what started this crazy journey (and blog) in the first place. In many ways I still find it hard to believe I actually did it.
6. If you won the lottery tomorrow... what would spend the money on?
Pay off the house and all debts. Leave something to the girls and then take a Disney cruise followed by a trip to Disney World. Or vice-versa.
7. What's your favorite song on your running playlist?
Tough one... it varies. But I'm definitely of the Rock/Metal persuasion. It's a very eclectic playlist with rap, classical and even movie soundtracks but for the most part, Rock on!
8. What's your biggest pet peeve?
Animals dressed as humans! (Extra points for the ones who know where that is from.)
9. What's been your favorite race experience so far?
Do I have to say it? The Disney Marathon for all the reasons in the world! I had so much fun, met some really cool and great people and the race was awesome. No to mention the fact that I ran the race of my life.
10. What's the best piece of advice you have ever received?
"Whether you think you can or think you can't; you are right." - Henry Ford
My guitar teacher told me that when I was 17 years old. I don't know if its the best advice I have gotten but it has sure stuck with me.
11. How did you get started running?
I used to hate running with a vengeance. Then I saw contestants on The Biggest Loser running a marathon and I figured I must be doing something wrong. A little bit after that I discovered Run Disney and that was the final straw. It gave something to work towards to and I haven't looked back since.
12. Are you always nervous for races?
Always. I'm slower than molasses but every race I do, I feel like everything it's at stake. Like I'm running for the World Championship of I don't know what. It's part of what keeps me running.
13. Do you have "race outfits"?
Not really, but readers of this blog will probably recognize "The Shirt". I have a NY Jets shirt that I refuse to not wear. My first 5K, Half and Full Marathon were done on the shirt. It will be a sad day when I cannot wear it anymore.
14. Is there something special you have to wear during races? Like a Talisman of sorts?
My GPS watch. Total data junkie in the house! I don't know what I'd do if I forgot it on race day.
15. Do you always have a cheering section when you race or do you run alone?
I run alone. Because our daughters are small (the older one is 6), its a bit difficult for my wife to handle all three by herself in races with the crowds and all that's going on. When they are a bit older we'll work something out. having said that, my brother traveled with me for the WDW Marathon and having his support was really special.
16. Would you still train or run as hard if you didn't enter races?
Good question and absolutely! Running is about improving yourself whether you race or not. I would still be battling the clock. In fact one of my biggest problems during training is backing down.
17. What's your favorite food?
I love to try new things and different cuisines so it's hard to pick a favorite. Really hard.
18. Do you have any pets?
Yes, our dog Lady, which literally showed up in our doorstep. You can read about that here.
19. What's your dream job?
I love what I do because I feel it has meaning. Like I'm helping others. However, I have always gravitated toward the arts. I would love to write for a magazine (any magazine) or be a screenwriter or film director.
Alright. Only one question was in both lists. Now here are my Liebster nominees:
Mindy from Road Runner Girl
Liz from Liz for a Day
Greg from Why I Run Disney
Matt from The Run Streak
Steph from Goober Monkey
Karen from Losing the Glass Slipper
Kat from Katrina Elle
Karen from Just Me and my Running Shoes
Sarah from Run Ginger Run
Heather from Through heather's Looking Glass
There were other blogs (like Fairytales and Fitness) that I wanted to nominate but got nominated with me by Jen from the Final Forty (big shout out!) so next time. Here are your 10 questions, nominees:
1. What is your funniest running story?
2. If you could run with anyone living or dead, who would it be?
3. What is your top bucket list race?
4. What is your favorite TV show?
5. What is your favorite movie?
6. If you had a monthly column in Runner's World, what would it be called?
7. If you ran the Avengers Super-Heroes Half Marathon, who would you dress as?
8. If there was a Star Wars marathon, who would you dress as?
9. What piece of running gear do you totally refuse to buy?
10. What do you think of The Fat Runner Blog? (Trick question, we all know how much you love it here!)
So, there you go! Nominees will be notified on the comments section of their blogs. Can't wait to read your answers!