Sunday, January 20, 2013

On the road again...

Well this past week I started running. I have been on injury leave since my last run on December 28, which meant I had yet to run this new year. Well, the year has officially begun.

Now there were some good news and some bad news. In a nutshell, here are the good news:

1. So far, my knee has not given me any problems. I haven't felt a thing.

2. Got to finally use my Garmin FR410 I got for Three Wisemen Day!

3. I'm finally running again. I was getting a little crazy about that. I was afraid I was going to lose my progress if I kept doing nothing but, I'm back!

Now here are the bad news:

1. Everything else!

I gotta say, that horrendous excuse for a first run was pretty bad. I was expecting it to be challenging but this was pathetic. I ran 3 miles on Thursday and 3 on Sunday, trying to start easy but that sure didn't make a difference. Although I wonder how bad it would have been if I had run four or five. And the next morning? Oh, Mama... 

Of course, in hindsight I had to see this coming. The year ended with me posting some of my best times, running my best race and increasing my mileage to new highs. You really cannot sustain a charge like that forever. Some low notes had to come and here we are. As I always say, you gotta have some bad runs to really appreciate the good ones. Also, last year was not a waste. Even though these first two runs were bad, its not like its gonna take as long to get to my previous level as when I started. I'll find my mojo.

Next week I will start to increase the miles and see how it goes. On my next post I will write about the Garmin and how its been going with this amazing watch.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work! You definitely are right...you have to have bad runs to appreciate the good runs! I hope you get back into your groove soon!

    ReplyDelete